Android Engineer / Ingeniero
We are looking for an amazing Android Software Engineer in Granada!
This is a full-time position, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. The successful candidate will be a member of the engineering team, working on various Android-related tasks and projects in support of Badger’s core business. The following is an example of some of these tasks:
- Developing new features for our existing Android application
- Testing and fixing bugs
- Improving our Continuous Integration and Deployment systems
- Taking the lead on miscellaneous engineering projects
What we are looking for:
- Working knowledge of Android application development with Java and Kotlin, backed by at least 3 years of real-world experience. Previous experience building Android applications at small-to-medium sized software companies is preferable.
- Possess very strong written and verbal communication skills in English. We do a lot of collaborating and make many decisions in emails, Slack, Asana, GitHub, Skype, etc. Daily standups and code reviews are an integral part of our cadence.
- Preferable: Working knowledge of Google Maps Android SDKs, test-driven development, git, continuous integration and deployment with Android applications, scrum.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is preferable, but can be substituted with experience.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and display resourcefulness and tenacity. We are a growing start-up, but a small team, so every team member has a wide range of daily responsibilities. Therefore, the successful candidate will be able to operate independently with little direction, and their contributions will have a direct and measurable impact on the company’s success.
- Someone who identifies with our values and is excited to help field salespeople all over the world with our solution.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and equity based on experience
- Full benefits including paid time off, discounted private health insurance, training stipend, and English classes
- A chance to make some serious impact and see every aspect of the business.
- A trustworthy environment where you get the freedom to pursue your own projects.
- All you can eat snacks and coffee
- An international, diverse and great working environment at a tech startup.
- A fun environment, with foosball competitions and monthly events.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Not convinced yet? Check out our reviews on Glassdoor here or find out more about our culture in this Forbes article.