Engineering Manager - Granada
We are looking for an amazing Engineering Manager in Granada!
About this role
This is a full-time position, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer.
The successful candidate will be a member of the engineering team, managing engineers working on various tasks and projects in support of Badger’s core business. The following are some of the responsibilities of this position:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team. Hold regular 1:1s and career growth conversations with the engineers who report to them.
- Goal setting, feedback, coaching, and mentoring for the engineers who report to them. Commit time, focus, and energy to the development and coaching of each of your teammates, giving timely and professional performance feedback, and working on career plans for individual growth and mentorship among the team
- Work across a set of teams to ensure team health, knowledge sharing, business value delivery, and alignment across teams.
- Advocate for the team by moving decisions forward and eliminating obstacles.
- Collaborate with teammates to plan and execute on our product roadmap, with an emphasis on frequent releases.
- Provide vision and action for team formation, technology roadmap, technical staffing, and overall team growth. Play an active role in hiring and growing our engineering team.
- Ensure engineers are trained, equipped, and enabled to give their best.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, 3+ years managing teams of engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, identify, manage, mentor, and grow top engineering talent.
- Possess very strong written and verbal communication skills in English. We do a lot of collaborating and make many decisions in emails, Slack, Asana, GitHub, Skype, etc. Daily standups and code reviews are an integral part of our cadence.
- Previous experience building web applications at small-to-medium-sized software companies is highly preferable.
- Preferable: Working knowledge of any of the following - Python, Django, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Heroku, AWS, web mapping APIs, CRMs, test-driven development, git, continuous integration and deployment, agile methodologies.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is preferable but can be substituted with experience.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and display resourcefulness and tenacity. We are a growing start-up, but a small team, so every team member has a wide range of daily responsibilities. Therefore, the successful candidate will be able to operate independently with little direction, and their contributions will have a direct and measurable impact on the company’s success.
- Someone who identifies with our values and is excited to help field salespeople all over the world with our solution.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and equity-based on experience.
- Full benefits including paid time off, flexi-time, discounted private health insurance, training stipend, and English classes.
- A chance to make some serious impact and see every aspect of the business.
- A trustworthy environment where you get the freedom to pursue your own projects.
- All you can eat snacks and coffee.
- An international, diverse and great working environment at a tech startup.
- A fun environment, with foosball competitions and monthly events.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Not convinced yet? Check out our reviews on Glassdoor here or find out more about our culture in this Forbes article.