Senior Product Designer - Granada
We are looking for an amazing Senior Product Designer in Granada!
About this role
This is a full-time position, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. The successful candidate will be a member of the product engineering team, working on various product design-related tasks and projects in support of Badger’s core business.
Design has historically been enormously important to Badger, but this is the first time we’re dedicating a role to owning it. This role will directly influence product strategy. User experience has been a core Badger value throughout its history. There are a lot of areas this role will touch where there is an opportunity to significantly shift internal company strategy around personas
The following is an example of some of these tasks:
- Own product design at Badger Maps, working with key stakeholders across product management, engineering, and business development to build features people love on Android, iOS, and web.
- Build a deep understanding of our customers and be able to define and structure features around fulfilling persona needs.
- Construct wireframes that communicate new feature flows in a way that helps structure engineering conversations.
- Create clickable prototypes to gather feedback from key stakeholders including customers, product management, business development, and customer success.
- Build out primary user paths based on personas and understand how to segment and deliver value from a user experience point of view.
- Tackle design fragmentation and consolidate and structure re-usable components for engineering while remaining flexible and open to new approaches and change.
- Create high fidelity designs once conversations around wireframes and user flows have ironed out initial feedback.
- When needed, help with general design: website features, marketing, slides, etc.
What we are looking for:
- You have 4-5 years of experience as a Product Designer and expertise with Sketch/Figma and Illustrator.
- You like to understand user behavior through analytics tools like Mixpanel/Google Analytics. You can write HTML/CSS and are open to learning to build React components.
- At least a degree in Product Design or a related field is preferable, but can be substituted with experience.
- You understand engineering trade-offs but will advocate for a better user experience when you feel strongly that it will materially change the user experience. You are good at winning these arguments but also know when to defer to other priorities.
- You naturally develop strong relationships with engineering and product and understand how to manage expectations.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and display resourcefulness and tenacity. We are a growing start-up, but a small team, so every team member has a wide range of daily responsibilities. Therefore, the successful candidate will be able to operate independently with little direction, and their contributions will have a direct and measurable impact on the company’s success.
- Someone who identifies with our values and is excited to help field salespeople all over the world with our solution.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and equity-based on experience.
- Full benefits including paid time off, flexi-time, discounted private health insurance, training stipend, and English classes.
- A chance to make some serious impact and see every aspect of the business.
- A trustworthy environment where you get the freedom to pursue your own projects.
- All you can eat snacks and coffee.
- An international, diverse and great working environment at a tech startup.
- A fun environment, with foosball competitions and monthly events.
- You enjoy designing features on an experimental basis, knowing that while some may succeed many will fail. Ultimately, you derive satisfaction from moving key business metrics with your work.
- You enjoy working in an unstructured environment with minimal guidance. You can see the big picture, identify problems, and then dive deep to understand and solve them.
- You have a history of seeing projects through from idea to implementation and beyond.
- You are adaptable and can take on new technology without breaking a sweat.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Not convinced yet? Check out our reviews on Glassdoor here or find out more about our culture in this Forbes article.