Summer Human Resources Intern, HR & Recruiting
We are looking for a passionate Human Resources Intern available to start in May 2020 for our San Francisco office!
About this role
Badger Maps is a route planning software for field salespeople that dramatically improves operations through route optimization, smart scheduling, CRM integration, and other cool features!
Badger Maps is currently expanding operations rapidly, and we are seeking talented individuals to take part in our Human Resources Internship for the HR and Recruiting team! The Badger Maps community consists of a group of highly supportive coaches and we value the long-lasting mentorship relationships throughout the internship progression. At Badger Maps, you will receive in-depth training and feedback in both Human Resources and Recruiting within an international environment that will allow you to gain valuable tech-startup experience.
Human Resources Interns will be given the opportunity to focus on all aspects of HR. In addition to your role, you are highly encouraged to support the entire HR and Recruiting team by taking on talent acquisition and recruiting-related responsibilities, such as hiring for the internship program. We encourage autonomy, nonetheless, we are collaborative and enjoy working cross-functionally! Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you will be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team but Badger Map’s goals.
Human Resources Intern
- Foster and improve Badger Maps’ culture, making sure it is an amazing place to work.
- Organize company events and initiate projects that contribute to a supportive environment.
- Assist managers across the company, helping them onboard new interns and full-time employees.
- Optimize existing processes or create new ones that would create a productive environment.
- Aid in the employee feedback process. Improve internal communication by writing the monthly newsletter and designing flyers, posters, and other illustrations.
- Effectively look at the business and pinpoint areas for improvement and help on projects.
Examples of past projects are the implementation of a 360 feedback process to aid professional growth, the creation of a centralized company learning environment, and developing a workplace training program.
What we are looking for
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language (fluency in any other language is a bonus!).
- Past experience in HR or project management [PREFERRED]
- A people person who truly enjoys helping others.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is resourceful and tenacious, eager to pursue own projects, and is broadly interested in different aspects of HR and Recruiting/ Talent Acquisition.
- Someone who enjoys teamwork as well as working autonomously.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the following areas Business, Human Resources, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Sociology, or a related field.
- Someone who identifies with our values and is excited to help field salespeople all over the world with our solution.
What we offer in return:
- It’s an unpaid position, however, you will receive a monthly stipend to reimburse expenses.
- A chance to make some serious impact and see every aspect of the business.
- A trustworthy environment where you get the freedom to pursue your own projects.
- A great introduction and training into the world of Human Resources & Recruiting.
- All you can eat peanut butter, coffee, toast, and avocados.
- An international, diverse and great working environment at a tech startup.
- A fun environment, with foosball competitions and monthly events.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Not convinced yet? Check out our reviews on Glassdoor here or find out more about our culture in this Forbes article.