Summer Legal, Operations & Finance Internship
We are looking for an amazing Legal, Operations & Finance Intern available to start in May in our San Francisco office!
About this role
As a Legal, Operations & Finance Intern at Badger Maps, you will support our Compliance Officer with any legal, finance and operations projects that will arise as the company grows. In this position, you will receive in-depth training in the following areas:
Legal and Operations
- Support our Compliance Officer with corporate compliance (i.e. quarterly filings, taxes, licenses, etc.)
- Support our Compliance Officer with visa applications and other immigration law-related projects
- Support our Sales and Customer Success teams with:
- Drafting proposals for potential customers
- Negotiating contracts with customers and vendors
- Preparing invoices for current customers
- Helping with handling customer disputes
- Support our HR team with labor law-related topics (i.e. employment regulations, implement or update company policies, etc.)
- Support the other departments of the company such as Engineering and Marketing with their legal needs
- Help evaluate investment opportunities and submit loan applications
- Keep the company proforma up to date with relevant information
- Participate in improving and implementing our accounting process
An example of a project recently handled by our Compliance Officer is the implementation of a variable compensation plan for our Sales and Customer Success teams.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal (fluency in any other language is a bonus)
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is resourceful and tenacious, eager to pursue own projects, and is broadly interested in different aspects of legal, operations, and finance
- Someone who enjoys cross-functional teamwork as well as working autonomously
- Currently pursuing the 4th year of a pre-law Bachelor’s degree, Law degree, LLM or a Business Administration or other degree with relevant legal classes
- Experience in accounting, law or operations is a plus
- Someone who identifies with our values and is excited to help field salespeople all over the world with our solution.
What we offer in return:
- It’s an unpaid position, however, you will receive a monthly stipend to reimburse expenses
- A chance to make some serious impact and see every aspect of the business
- A trustworthy environment where you get the freedom to pursue your own projects
- A great introduction and training into the world of Legal, Operations and Finance
- All you can eat peanut butter, coffee, toast, and avocados
- An international, diverse and great working environment at a tech startup
- A fun environment, with foosball competitions and monthly events
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Not convinced yet? Check out our reviews on Glassdoor here or find out more about our culture in this Forbes article.