Summer Talent Acquisition Intern, HR & Recruiting
We are looking for a passionate Talent Acquisition Intern available to start in May 2020 for our San Francisco office!
About this role
Badger Maps is a route planning software for field salespeople that dramatically improves operations through route optimization, smart scheduling, CRM integration, and other cool features!
Badger Maps is currently expanding operations rapidly, and we are seeking talented individuals to take part in our Talent Acquisition Internship for the HR and Recruiting team! The Badger Maps community consists of a group of highly supportive coaches and we value the long-lasting mentorship relationships throughout the internship progression. At Badger Maps, you will receive in-depth training and feedback in both Human Resources and Recruiting within an international environment that will allow you to gain valuable tech-startup experience.
Talent Acquisition Interns will be given the opportunity to work on all aspects of recruiting and talent development. In addition to your role, you are highly encouraged to support the entire HR and Recruiting team by taking on HR-related responsibilities such as creating a central learning environment. We encourage autonomy, nonetheless, we are collaborative and enjoy working cross-functionally! Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you will be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team but Badger Map’s goals.
Talent Acquisition Intern
- Facilitate Badger Maps’ growth by attracting and hiring talented, full-time candidates through full-cycle inbound recruiting, screening and interviewing candidates.
- Assist in onboarding and offboarding of full-time employees and interns.
- Enhance Badger Maps’ employer branding and candidate experience.
- Coordinate with hiring managers to set up interviews and gather their feedback for continuous improvement of the hiring process for the following roles: Sales, Customer Success, Marketing & PR, Finance and HR & Recruiting.
- Depending on our needs, utilize direct approaches for headhunting by using LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
Examples of past projects are revamping the recruiting pipeline, revising core job descriptions to attract more applicants, searching for new job boards to reach a new audience, establishing university partnerships, implementing an applicant tracking system, and maintaining employer branding.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 6 months of relevant experience in recruiting, talent acquisition, headhunting or the equivalent [REQUIRED]
- Must be able to participate in the internship for a minimum of 6 months [REQUIRED]
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language (fluency in any other language is a bonus!).
- A people person who truly enjoys helping others.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is resourceful and tenacious, eager to pursue own projects, and is broadly interested in different aspects of HR and Recruiting/ Talent Acquisition.
- Someone who enjoys teamwork as well as working autonomously.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the following areas Business, Human Resources, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Sociology, or a related field.
- Someone who identifies with our values and is excited to help field salespeople all over the world with our solution.
What we offer in return:
- It’s an unpaid position, however, you will receive a monthly stipend to reimburse expenses.
- A chance to make some serious impact and see every aspect of the business.
- A trustworthy environment where you get the freedom to pursue your own projects.
- A great introduction and training into the world of Human Resources & Recruiting.
- All you can eat peanut butter, coffee, toast, and avocados.
- An international, diverse and great working environment at a tech startup.
- A fun environment, with foosball competitions and monthly events.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Not convinced yet? Check out our reviews on Glassdoor here or find out more about our culture in this Forbes article.